Monday, January 12, 2009

Patience

When I was young Steve and I participated in a play at our church. It was called "The Music Machine" and featured an eccentric conductor, animals who could talk, and children's' songs with life lessons. I believe it was baritone turtle named Herbert who slowly sang the song about patience...

"Have patience. Have patience. Don't be in such a hurry.
When you get impatient, you only start to worry.
Remember. Remember, that God is patient too
and think of all the times when others have to wait on
you."
It's funny that this is the song that keeps coming to my head... but it is so true for me, my impatience leads me to worry. It's easy to worry about all of the little details: How much medicine? When is everyone coming and going? Will I stay healthy? What should I write? When will Corrine's time with us be finished?
Worrying is a vicious circle. It is counter-productive and tiring. It's the opposite of acceptance and trust. Being impatient is one of the character traits Corrine and I share. So, I sang her the song tonight after giving her evening medication.
Corrine smiled as she lip-synched every word...
-Angela

2 comments:

  1. Today is Stephanie's last day with us before she leaves for her first 3 year term as a Medical Missionary to Papua New Guinea. Ami and Aaron came in at 2:30 AM this morning to surprise Steph and spend the last day with us and go to the airport in the morning to see her off. Steve and I new she was coming but Steph did not. This morning we had a wonderful family breakfast with fried mush and sausage. Steve did the "HOKE" thing and ate his mush with cottage cheese. The rest of us do butter and syrup. We are helping Steph do laundry and finish packing up today and are going to have a thanksgiving dinner tonight together-- turkey - mashed potatoes and all the fixins'! We talk about you all and pray for you all and keep up with the updates. You are not far from our thoughts at any time. We love you and wish we could give you a hug.... Keeping you in our prayers! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Corrine & family.....I don't know if you remember me. I'm Katie Kline. I attended Community for a little over 4 years. I want you to know I'm continually praying for you all. I have been reading through this blog and your children are so gifted in relaying all that is going on. I feel so blessed to read all of it. Angela, the song you refer to I can remember from my first days as a daycare provider....I am now singing it for all of you. Corrine.....you are beautiful. I will see you in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Please share anything that comes to mind. Any notes to Corrine are shared with her daily.