Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

Corrine had a peaceful night with angels standing guard. She experienced her own fireworks show, only this time it was much less frightening for her.

We are going to take today one minute at a time. Likely, Corrine's visitors will need to be limited, both in number and duration. We are going to try to keep upstairs as peaceful for her as possible, but there is space in the basement for conversation and memory swapping, as well as for the grandchildren to play.

I don't know Don's family and friends well, so I can't identify who might be a good support for him. But you know who you are! We (her family) don't want to discourage you from visiting and supporting Don in any way. We love him too and want him cared for in this trying time.

-Angela

2 comments:

  1. Please let us know what we can do for Don or Corrine. We live near by and are in her Ship group from church. If any one needs a place to stay - please let us know. We can make a shake run or what ever.
    Sunny and Tom Marschner 3/423-7204

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, thank you for your eloquent updates on Corrinne's condition. Last night I woke up randomly twice, too tired to open my eyes, but I immediately thought of Corrinne and prayed fervently against fear. I prayed for immediate peace and rest for her and the family. We will continue to pray against fear and for healing of spirit and body. We are praying for the family too and are glad to hear you are all together at this time!

    Here is my favorite verse that has meant a lot to me this past year especially: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord... Jeremiah 29:11-13

    ReplyDelete

Please share anything that comes to mind. Any notes to Corrine are shared with her daily.